epcblog

Devotional thoughts (Monday through Thursday mornings) from the pastor of Exeter Presbyterian Church in Exeter, NH // Sunday Worship 10:30am // 73 Winter Street

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Apostles Creed, #4

Continuing in the Apostles Creed... I believe in God the Father Almighty,


"Maker of heaven and earth,"


It is God who created and sustains heaven and earth.

Heaven is real.

It is a glorious realm beyond this world where He dwells with angels and people.

The earth is real, and God can be known here.

There is a purpose for this earth and all its inhabitants, because our Creator is purposeful.

I have a purpose, and you have a purpose.

He created us in His image, that we might glorify Him and enjoy Him, now and forever.


Isaiah 42:5 Thus says God, the Lord,
who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and what comes from it,
who gives breath to the people on it
and spirit to those who walk in it:
6 “I am the Lord; I have called you in righteousness;
I will take you by the hand and keep you;
I will give you as a covenant for the people,
a light for the nations,
7 to open the eyes that are blind,
to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon,
from the prison those who sit in darkness.
8 I am the Lord; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols.
9 Behold, the former things have come to pass,
and new things I now declare;
before they spring forth
I tell you of them.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home