epcblog

Devotional thoughts (Monday through Thursday mornings) from the pastor of Exeter Presbyterian Church in Exeter, NH // Sunday Worship 10:30am // 73 Winter Street

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Second Kings 17

2 Kings 17:13-14 13 Yet the LORD warned Israel and Judah by every prophet and every seer, saying, "Turn from your evil ways and keep my commandments and my statutes, in accordance with all the Law that I commanded your fathers, and that I sent to you by my servants the prophets." 14 But they would not listen, but were stubborn, as their fathers had been, who did not believe in the LORD their God.

In morning worship we considered this chapter which recounts the fall of Israel (Northern kingdom) to Assyria. Such passages warn us that God calls us to hear his word and to obey Him. The point to our sin, but they also remind us of the One who came for us. He heard the commandments of God and obeyed. He has taken away our disgrace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home