epcblog

Devotional thoughts (Monday through Thursday mornings) from the pastor of Exeter Presbyterian Church in Exeter, NH // Sunday Worship 10:30am // 73 Winter Street

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Apostles Creed, #8

Continuing in the Apostles Creed... I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:


"Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,"


It was necessary for the Savior to be the Lord God.

It was necessary that God become man.

God did this.

He did this so that He Himself could bear the curse of the covenant.

The Jesus I trust in was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

No one else but God Himself, made man, could have saved us.


Genesis 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring
and her offspring;
he shall bruise your head,

and you shall bruise his heel.”


Genesis 15:17 When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces.


Isaiah 63:5 I looked, but there was no one to help;
I was appalled, but there was no one to uphold;
so my own arm brought me salvation,
and my wrath upheld me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home