epcblog

Devotional thoughts (Monday through Thursday mornings) from the pastor of Exeter Presbyterian Church in Exeter, NH // Sunday Worship 10:30am // 73 Winter Street

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Psalm 125


I need to remember the basics again every morning. Who am I? What am I doing? What do I believe?

I am influenced by everything around me. It is all continuously changing. I am alarmed by some new piece of news, or unduly swayed by some convincing argument.

The Lord is stable. I can trust in Him again. He is my Mount Zion.

I start today where I started when I came home to Him again so many years ago – the Resurrection of Jesus.

Jesus rose from the dead. I believe that. I consider Luke 24 about the sad men who had lost all hope, and I listen with them as a new companion opens the Scriptures to them on the road to Emmaus. My heart burns with their hearts as I see that the central truths of the Christian faith, (Jesus as Messiah, His suffering and death, His resurrection, His ascension to a glorious kingdom, the coming judgment, eternal joy), as necessary truths according to the sacred writings given by God so long ago.

Who brings me home? The Lord. The Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forevermore. The Lord helps His beloved children.

Who will move me in righteousness? The Lord, who has counted me among the righteous in Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, will never forget me.

Jesus is my Lord and my God.

I don't want to walk away from Him with the evildoers. Not again.

Rescue me, O Lord!” He does. And He will.

He will bring peace to all His Israel.

The Lord is risen! He is risen indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home